In continuation of my ski research, I’ve decided to include some info for snowboarders. I’m the occasional snowboarder and have been thinking about trying to work on some of my “moves” this winter. And like I said before, if I’m going to trek all the way out west for a ski trip, I want to make sure that I’ve chosen the right places to go to. Here’s a list of some of the best terrain parks in the country, according to some of my friends (who are mostly skiers, but definitely are in the know about snowboarding too) and just general research from the web. If anyone has any more to add, please let me know.
- Squaw Valley Ski Resort Area – Olympic Valley, California
- Sierra at Tahoe Ski Resort – Lake Tahoe, California
- Homewood Ski Resort – Lake Tahoe, California
- Northstar at Tahoe Ski Resort – Truckee, California
- Boreal Ski Resort Area – Truckee, California
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort Area – Bishop, California
- Keystone Mountain Ski Resort Area – Dillon, Colorado
- Snowmass Ski Resort Area – Snowmass, Colorado
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Resort Area – Vail, Colorado
- Breckenridge Ski Resort Area – Breckenridge, Colorado
- Copper Mountain Ski Resort Area – Eagle County, Colorado
- Buttermilk Ski Resort – Snowmass, Colorado
- Hyland Ski & Snowboard Area – Bloomington, Minnesota
- Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort – Government Camp, Oregon
- Timberline Lodge and Ski Resort – Mt. Hood, Oregon
- Loon Mountain Ski Resort Area – Lincoln, New Hampshire
- Mountain Creek Ski Resort Area – Vernon Valley, New Jersey
- Beaver Mountain Ski Resort – Garden City, Utah
Note: These aren’t all specifically for snowboarders; many of these are open to skiers as well. So if you’re looking for a snowboard-exclusive park, make sure you inquire within.
These should keep you busy for a while.
Filed under: Outdoors Travel, Vacation Planner | Tagged: American Skier, Arapahoe Basin, Copper Mountain, Debbie Cook, Freestyle Skiing, Homewood, Mammoth Mountain, Mount Hood, Nordic Skiing, Nordik Skiing, Outdoor Sports, Outdoor Travel, Outdoors / General, Pam Dreyer, Ski Vacation, Squaw Valley, Timberline, Unbound Terrain Park | 1 Comment »