It is just so so hot in Phoenix that my time off from work is rarely spent outside beyond the short walk to my car. So I’ve compiled a list of great air conditioned spots to hang out in Phoenix. Drink lots of water and have fun!
- Metrocenter is a great mall in Phoenix. I usually head straight to Macy’s with my coupons or to Bath & Body Works where I always spend too much time and money. When I go with a girlfriend, Ruby Tuesdays and the movie theater are generally on the list.
- Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa – I’ve mentioned this one before and now I’ve finally gone and checked it out…WOW! I’ve become a spoiled spa goer!
- Phoenix Art Museum is another great indoor spot. This is a huge museum with a great collection, and a nice café.
- Arizone Science Center – I’m not such a science museum goer, but this does happen to be a very good one so I’m putting it on the list.
- Heard Museum – A unique collection of Native American art. This is a great place for visitors (but who would visit Phoenix in the summer??) because it truly epitomizes the southwester spirit. Definitely go to the café while you’re there.
- Paradise Valley Mall is another great mall (again with a Ruby T’s) and provides good solace from the heat. And I’ve been known to drop by their morning walking club…
- Cerreta Candy Company is a unique place to head when you need a change of scenery. A great place to bring kids, this candy factory offers free tours Sundays through Thursdays. Watching the chocolate flow is just mouth-watering.
Filed under: ArtWalk, Spa Business, Things To Do & Places To See | Tagged: Chocolate Factory Tours, Factory Tour, Globe AZ, Health Centers, Heard Museum, Natureplex, Other Museum, Phoenix Art Museum, Phoenix Park, Sedona Travel, Shopping USA, Spa / Day Spa, Spa Weekend, Space Explorer, Summer Getaways, Travel Location, Travel Shopping | Leave a comment »